Nutty Zucchini Bread
Makes: 4 small loaves or one larger loaf.
Prep: 20 minutes. Bake: 350° for 45 minutes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I usually add 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I usually add more vanilla also)
- Heat oven to 350°. Coat four mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nuts. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, zucchini and vanilla extract. Pour egg mixture into well in dry ingredients. Stir just until all dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake in 350° oven 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Note: You can make one large loaf instead of smaller ones, but you will have to bake it at least an hour. Check bread after an hour and if it is not done in the center, cover edges with foil and check again in 10 minutes. This bread tastes great drizzled with honey!